These instructions apply from: June 2021
The Covid-19 risk assessments carried out by the Committee identified several areas where changes would be needed to the process of issuing hire and buy music, to minimise the risk to members. These also presented us with the opportunity to make the process quicker and more efficient, and so enable members to spend more time in rehearsal, doing what we love – singing! – rather than queueing up to pay for music.
What changes are we making?
We will no longer accept cash or cheque payments for hire/buy music. All music will need to be ordered and paid for in advance, online.
How will I order my hire/buy music in future?
- A link will be sent round in NoticeBoard to a page on the Vivace Chorus website.
- The link will only be active for 2-3 weeks and the date it will expire will be stated in NoticeBoard. After that date you will need to make your own arrangements for obtaining music
- On the page you will see a list of the hire/buy music for the next concert.
- You will be able to hire or buy up to two copies of each piece (in case you are ordering for a partner/friend, as well as yourself).
- Once you have chosen the number of copies you need, you will be taken to a PayPal page to make your payment. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make payment. You can pay using your usual credit or debit card.
- Once you have paid, you will receive a confirmation email from PayPal. Please keep this until you collect your music, in case of any queries.
- The website will create a list of all orders for the librarians who will order your music for you. Please note: this will be the only way to order music. Librarians will not be able to accept orders by email, verbally etc. If you do not order anything using this process, the assumption will be that you do not need any hire / purchase music.
- As with the old cash-based system, once orders have been placed with suppliers, we will not be able to process any refunds.
What happens if I need some help with the process?
The process has been designed to be as straightforward as possible, but, as it’s new, we have provided an illustrated guide below showing what to do at each stage. If you still have any questions after reading this guide, please email email@example.com and we will try to help you.
If there really are reasons that prevent you ordering music in this way yourself, then asking a choir friend to include your music in their order, or to make a separate order on your behalf, is fine. They will need to collect the music for you, as it will be under their name on the list because they will be the purchaser.
How will I collect my hire/buy music in future?
- Music will be issued at the first rehearsal, as usual. If you aren’t able to attend that rehearsal, the librarians will keep your music for you until the next week, as before.
- You will still need to collect hire and buy music separately (because the music comes from different places and the hire music numbers need to be recorded), but because we will already have paid, the whole process will be quicker.
How to order music – detailed instructions
The link to the purchasing page will be advertised on NoticeBoard and the website. When you visit the link, you will see a page similar to this, showing the music and prices:
Use the up/down arrows to select the number of buy / hire copies you want (or enter the number in the box).
Once you have selected some copies, you will see that the total cost is updated, and you are shown a choice of methods to pay:
You can choose to pay either using a PayPal account or by using a debit / credit card.
Paying using a debit / credit card:
If you want to pay using your card then click the black button and you will be taken to the card payment page where you should enter your card and contact details and then click the ‘Buy Now’ button:
Don’t refresh your screen while the transaction is processed. Once it’s completed you will be taken back to the Vivace website where the purchase will be acknowledged:
Paying by PayPal:
If you have a PayPal account and want to use this, then click the yellow button and go through the PayPal login process:
You will see the payment options that are available from your account:
Once you have paid, the sale will be confirmed on the Vivace website as for the debit / credit card purchases.
- Please note that although the payment process mentions a ‘delivery address’, nothing will be delivered to you – all music will need to be collected at rehearsals.
- You should receive an email confirming your order – this will record the payment as being to ‘Guildford Philharmonic Choir’ – it is proving very difficult to get PayPal to update the name of our account.