In summary it boils down to:
- DON’T attend in-person (use Zoom instead) if you feel unwell or are at heightened risk of carrying covid– see details.
- DO a lateral flow test as close to rehearsal as possible – see details.
- We will be singing without masks, but wearing masks when not in our places (unless you are mask exempt).
- Seating is every other row, and an arms-length apart from your neighbour.
- Ventilation will be maximised - so skimpy dressers beware - and we have reduced the need to mix closely: attendance register will be completed by voice rep; refreshment service is paused for now; and avoid gathering in groups.
- If you can’t attend a rehearsal, log in to a basic live stream on Zoom – not ideal but you can keep in-touch with Jeremy’s instruction, and have a go a singing solo. Details below.
- DO tell us if you subsequently test positive for Covid.
Right, a few expansions on the points above:
- Please take a conservative view on attending live - singing isn’t like meeting someone for a chat in an office, coffee shop or pub. Symptoms of covid have changed with the march of variants and vaccination, and asymptomatic transmission is a fact-of-life. So if you have a suspicion you are at risk, feel unwell or have had close contact with someone infected, have a go at attending by zoom for a week just to be on the safe side. It won’t count against you in terms of qualifying for the concert.
- Lateral flow tests are available, free, at over 90% of pharmacists – just walk in and ask, or by ordering online from UK.gov: Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests
- The zoom rehearsal alternative details will be communicated separately to members.
This may change. Latest details will be here.
- The Baptist church is cleaned Monday morning, and fortunately its a large airy space.
- We will be having our usual break. Rather like many public places, please wear masks when walking around, but quietly talking with a friend in their seat as you might over dinner in a restaurant seems reasonable without masks.
- Attendance register will be kept by voice reps/committee, so no need to sign in or bunch-up at the entrance. But do catch the eye of the voice rep as they scan the rows.
- Seating rows will be marked, but in any case please promptly follow any directions given by Committee Members or Voice Reps.
- In order to assist Track and Trace, Jeremy will take a photo of us all when we are seated, as this will help identify ‘close contacts’ should anybody subsequently test positive. These photographs will be deleted after 14 days.
- There is no need to register in advance for rehearsals – that system belongs to a much earlier phase of response to the covid question.
Any questions, feel free to contact a committee member, or Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org