The music list for the summer concert is:
- * G F Handel: Zadok the Priest (7-part)
- * J S Bach: Jesu, Joy of man's desiring (Cantata BWV 147)
- * G F Handel: Hallelujah Chorus (Messiah)
- W A Mozart: Requiem aeternam/Kyrie (Requiem)
- W A Mozart: Dies irae (Requiem)
- * F J Haydn: The heavens are telling (The Creation)
- Felix Mendelssohn: Lift thine eyes (Elijah)
- Felix Mendelssohn: He, watching over Israel (Elijah)
- Sergei Rachmaninov: Bogoroditse Dievo (Vespers)
- Giuseppe Verdi: Sanctus (Requiem)
- * Johannes Brahms: Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen (Ein deutsches Requiem)
- * Gabriel Fauré: In paradisum (Requiem)
- * C H H Parry: I was glad
*Those items with asterisks appear in the ‘Sacred Choruses’ (OUP) book.
With the exception of Handel - Zadok, all are available by free downloads. Each title above will link to the relevant web pages/pdfs. However, the total number of pages required for all the above is over 100. So we are planning to offer a centrally printed and bound set of all the music except the Zadok, in the same style as the Ellington vocal score used for the March Concert. This will allow you to have just 2 pieces to manage rather than multiple different sources.
Please pick your music choices below and choose a purchase option to pay online.
A compilation of all the other music for the Cherry Trees concert, printed as an A4, spiral-bound book, with clear acetate covers, contents list and 113 pages of music. This item is only available to buy.